Congrats ATI Resolution 3, Hobby Lobby Senior Telemaster, Hobbyking Skywalker, and Avior-lite autopilot on your recent milestones!
Avior-lite (beaglebone + apm2 hybrid) autopilot:
- 300th logged flight
- 7000+ logged flight minutes (117.8 hours)
- 6400+ fully autonomous flight minutes (107.2 hours)
- 2895 nautical miles flown (3332 miles, 5362 km)
Hobby Lobby Senior Telemaster (8′ wing span)
- Actively flight testing autopilot hardware and software changes since 2007!
- 200th logged flight.
- 5013 logged flight minutes (83.5 hours)
- 4724 fully autonomous flight minutes (78.7 hours)
- 2015 nautical miles flown (2319 miles, 3733 km)
Today (October 7, 2015) I logged the 300th avior-lite flight and simultaneously logged the 200th flight on my venerable Senior Telemaster. I realize these are just numbers, and they wouldn’t be big numbers for a full scale aircraft operation or even a production uav operation, but it represents my personal effort in the UAV field.
I’m proud of a mishap-free 2015 flying season so far! (Ok, err, well one mishap on the very first launch of the skywalker … grrr … pilot error … and fixable thankfully.)
Enjoy the fall colors and keep flying!
2015-10-07 15:08:11 -0500 - Written by curt